You work hard to get a bride to register at your store. But then the wedding date approaches and nothing has been sold. Why is this?
The single biggest reason is that the bride has not linked her wedding website (e.g. theknot.com) to her registry on your website. If the bride doesn't link the two, you'll sell very little. Your mission: link the two. You can read how to do it by clicking the link below or I can call you and walk you through it. My email is: [email protected]http://support.bridgecatalog.com/KB/a65/how-bride-creates-registry-on-theknotcom-how-to-get.aspx
This is a two part 'how-to'.
Below is what happens when a bride and groom registers on TheKnot.com. You can maximize your opportunities on your bride's official wedding site by following the steps below.
A. A BRIDE STARTS HER REGISTRY ON THEKNOT.COM:
1. A bride goes to the http://www.theknot.com
2. The bride selects a template for the couple's wedding website that reflects their personality.
3. She fills out basic information such as name of the couple, wedding date, emails, etc.
4. Special and exclusive offers for new registrants appear in a POP-UP window–everything from honeymoon venues, wedding planners, florists and various wedding related services.
5. The bride uploads a cover photo and/or several other photos.
6. The bride adds a line of text to the top of the registry with a personal message. There are three pre-written choices, or the bride can write her own.
7. The bride can choose to automatically link with or create a new registry with one of the following stores via a pop-up window such as Scully & Scully, Michael C Fina, Gumps, Williams-Sonoma, BBB, Macy's, Target, and others. Since Bridge represents mainly independent stores, the Bridge retailers are not listed as an option. We'll come back to adding your store's name. That is part B below.
B. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO
Get your bride to add a link to the registry created on your website to her website on theKnot.com mentioned above.
Here are the steps for her to do that:
1. Login to theKnot.com.
2. At the very top of the page, roll over "Registry" and from the drop down click on "Manage your registries."
3. This will take you/the bride to the page showing the bride's registries.
4. There is a button/link that says "ADD NEW REGISTRY." Click that.
5. This will open a window that shows "Create a New Registry", and a list of major retailers (Macy's, Target, etc.) will appear.
6. Below the major retailers logos, there is a section entitled "Add an Existing Registry." In this area, there is a link that says "Or add your registries manually." Click this.
7. A floating window will appear. The window is titled "Add A Registry Manually."
In this window, there are two fields that you can enter data into:
In the Registry Name field, enter "[store's name]"
e.g. "Elegante Gift Shop"
In the Registry URL, paste the URL for the registry.
You/bride will need her link / URL on your site. To get this, open a new browser window.
- Visit her registry on your site.
- Click on the link "Share your registry with friends & family."
- In the floating window that appears, copy the her link (URL).
Sadly, there is not a spot to add the independent store's logo.
C. EDITING YOUR THEKNOT.COM REGISTRIES
If you would like to edit the registry information that you listed above, please:
1. Go to your Registry page. (At the top of theknot.com, click on "Registry.")
2. On the page listing your Registries, scroll down and look on the left. Under "Menu", there are a few links. Click on "Display Settings."
3. Then choices will refresh to the right and show you choices with the title "Registry Display."
4. Next to the registry that you wish to edit, click on "EDIT."
Note: Always check to see that the bride has added a link to her theKnot.com website.
Remind the bride that this is one of the 5 steps in the registry incentive program, where the bride can get a $20-50 in-store gift card.
View Post at Bridge
May 5, 2016