Gartner shared this advice for managing your company's marketing efforts:
- Strategy for the partner marketing program, and how it aligns with the overall brand marketing strategy.
- Funding and talent resources dedicated to driving and administering partner marketing relationships.
- Campaign modes, or the balance of approaches to partner marketing. “To” campaigns provide information about a brand’s product and service for partners to use internally. “Through” campaigns run through the partner’s channels; the brand often finances these campaigns and provides content for them. “With” campaigns are joint efforts run by both the brand and the partner to increase scale and reach.
- Campaign content includes campaign content the partner will use and sales enablement content like training modules and demonstration scripts.
- Communication channels used to distribute content and measure campaign performance. Partner relationship management and marketing automation platforms help track performance.
- Execution of campaigns from start to finish, from partner recruiting to running the campaign to campaign-related sales activities.
- Post-campaign activities for “through” and “with” campaign modes, including lead follow-up, lead qualification and lead nurturing. Each brand decides with their partners when in the sales cycle to pass on leads, if at all.
- Tracking and performance management to assess how the partner marketing relationship performs, how it can improve and whether it services the needs of the brand.
View Post at Bridge
Shared: February 5, 2020